Thursday 8 April 2010

Widgets

Rather than add a delicious widget, I have played around with my existing widgets and added a word cloud.  I tried out delicious from home and ended up with a long list of hairdressers, which isn't very useful for this site! I have also got rid of my flickr stream because my photos were not very exciting.  I might add it again if I create an album of photos about my thesis project.

I have had a go with Wordle to make this cloud.  It is not a tag cloud, I have copied and pasted the text from my blogs into the site.  This came up with more interesting results than the option to make a cloud based on the URL of my blog.  Phil Bradley suggests using Tagxedo and I am going to try that from home because it requires a Microsoft Silverlight and I don't want to download things like that to a work PC.

I also tried to personalise my template using Blogger in draft but the page would not open properly - I wondered if this was because the work PCs use an old form of IE?

2 comments:

  1. You can actually create stuff using Tagxedo without downloading Silverlight - it just means that you can't see the individual words jump out of the screen if you do a mouseover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the site at work, but when I click on 'create' all I get is an option to download Silverlight. Perhaps it is to do with the site operating in 'beta' mode at the moment?

    ReplyDelete