Wednesday 7 April 2010

Wikis

To confuse people further, I am doing another entry out of sync - this time about wikis.  I did not like the format of the OULS wetpaint wiki because I found the animated adverts distracting - I suppose that they allow users to have sites for free, but it's a shame that they are not static.  Also it was a shame that the layout of the site was not more attractive or personal like the format of our blogs. 

I did not contribute to the wet paint wiki but I did add a sentence to the wikipedia entry for the SSL to note our name change.  To edit the blog I had to type in a window with html-type bits which was a bit daunting.  I really like using wikipedia to find out bits and bobs, but I always try to remember that it is not an authoritative source and that I cannot rely on it to be correct or up to date.  As a collaborative tool, the most interesting wiki I have found is the Library Routes Project about library careers. I am glad I tried wikis because I think they might pop up again in future jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment